Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
Intern (f/m/d) for Market Design, Power-to-Gas and Innovation in System Operation
Place of Work: Berlin (main Station)
Temporary | Internship (37h per week)
Published: 04.06.2019 | Job ID: 1221 | Please apply by: 30.06.2019
Elia Group, Berlin
Elia Group is active in electricity transmission. We ensure that generation and consumption are balanced around the clock, supplying 30 million end users with electricity. With subsidiaries in Belgium (Elia) and north-east Germany (50Hertz), we operate 18,600 km of high-voltage connections. In order to rise to the challenges posed by a changing energy system, Elia Group is looking for an intern for its “System of the Future” team in Berlin.
As an intern of the Elia Group function - System of the Future, you will take part in shaping the ideas for a successful energy transition in a proactive think tank.
With profound knowledge of our colleagues you will research, prepare and finalize outstanding concepts for a leading TSO. The System of the Future team stands for a proactive think tank with regard to interdisciplinary energy related questions. You will get in touch with various topics and departments, like Strategy & Innovation, Energy Economics & Regulation System Operation, Grid Modelling and Planning.
- Tracking electricity market developments and new technologies with a view to taking them into account in studies (e.g. quantifying assumptions, identifying disruptive scenarios),
- Assess the impact of energy political decisions and promises,
- Meta-analysis on selected strategic studies and implementation in our studies data base,
- Modelling and simulation of power flows in the European transmission system,
- Research of the impact of new technologies and methods on the electricity system (storage, E-mobility, sector coupling etc.),
- Finalizing reports as well as preparation of Workshops.
- Master Student in Engineering and/or Economics and/or Energy policies,
- Good knowledge in power systems and/or energy markets,
- Creative, innovative, proactive and result driven,
- Analytical and abstract reasoning,
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Very good English skills (C1) required,
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German (B2),
- Knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
Elia Group gives people with disabilities a chance.
- Challenging and exciting tasks in an inspiring and professional company,
- Close cooperation with a team of motivated experts,
- Modern work environment and fair remuneration for students,
- Chance to build your network in the energy sector and the Elia Group,
- Location Berlin (Mitte), limited travel may be required.
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org