Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
Group Safety Officer (m/f/d)
Place of Work: Berlin (main station) or Brussels
Permanent Contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Published: 03.07.2019 | Job ID: 1255 | Please apply by: 04.08.2019
Elia Group, Berlin or Brussels
Both TSOs operate at the heart of the European electricity system as they provide vital links between the various electricity producers and their 30 million end users. The Group’s high voltage network, with its intricately meshed 18,600 km grid, transports the electricity generated by the producers to the distribution system operators and major industrial consumers. In addition, interconnectors with several neighboring countries allow electricity trade in wider European energy markets. As a group we offer you the following position: Group Safety Officer (m/f/d).
Engage and align the Group and TSO Leadership Teams to deliver a world class Safety performance culture across Elia Group.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, communicate and implement the Elia Group Safety Improvement Plan,
- Take direction from the EGC to ensure that the plan is fully aligned with the Business Strategy and desired culture and values,
- Integrate and establish the desired Safety performance culture within Elia Group,
- Inspire, motivate and develop the different Safety teams to meet current and future business needs ensuring all objectives and targets are met,
- Ensure delivery of Safety leadership / behavioral Safety / process Safety programmes within Elia Group as part of our role in society and Reputation,
- Identify, implement and monitor relevant and consistent Safety KPI’s which both enable and demonstrate world class Performance,
- Build and manage key stakeholder relationships for the Group, both internal and external. This includes proactive working relationships with the appropriate government bodies and positioning the Elia Group as a recognized top player in this Domain,
- Develop consistent Safety Management Systems and relevant accreditations, including Document Retention
- Play a full and active role at Group level, adding value to the development and implementation of emerging programmes on agility, leadership, culture and values,
- Develop a consistent methodology for Safety audits and lead by example by participating as required in Incident reviews and Safety Audits.
As Group Safety Officer, you will directly report to the Group Chief Alignment Officer.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a strategic senior role working with the executive committee on both policy and execution,
- Experience of a previous EHS leadership role in an industrial Eevironment,
- Practical EHS and Cultural Safety experience, recognized both at Elia and 50 Hertz,
- Experience as an operations/zone manager is a plus,
- Sufficient knowledge about the TSO business to be able to assess and understand specific safety risks and propose pro-active countermeasures,
- Ability to develop and implement a Safety Strategy, a long term vision, with a good idea of stakeholders, without fearing interferences with the Group Strategy,
- Ability to set up a structure which ensures a good follow up and realization of the Safety Strategy,
- Thorough understanding of change management and how to anchor principles into the organization,
- Ability to bring his/her message across in an understandable & inspiring manner, for example via storytelling,
- Networking ability both inside and outside Elia Group to develop an internal network to get things done and an external network to bring in new insights & best practice,
- Ability to use ‘soft power’ to create followership on ideas and practices,
- Willing to stand up and defend the principles in any given situation,
- Reputation/Image management skills,
- Willing to travel frequently between Brussels and Berlin.
Elia Group gives people with disabilities a Chance.
- Opportunity to devlop the Group safety culture,
- Possibility to choose your place of work (Berlin or Brussels),
- Modern work environment,
- Flexible working hours supporting your work-life-balance,
- For more details visit our career Website.
We are looking forward to your application in English (indicating your preferred workplace, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please send your application by 04.08.2019 using our online application form.
Supported by 50Hertz Human Resources
Human Resources, Ursula Lindemann, phone: +49 30 5150 3837