Your job offer at 50Hertz
Intern (f/m/d) for Elia Group Department “System of the future”
(Future Electrical Energy Systems)
Place of work: Berlin (main station)
Temporary | Intern (37 hours per week)
Published: 04.02.2020 | Stellen ID: 1494 | Please apply by: 08.03.2020
Elia Group, Berlin
As an intern in the Elia Group function “System of the Future”, you will take part in shaping the energy system beyond 2030 in a proactive think tank.
We seek for answers to the most urgent questions in order to path the way to full decarbonisation of the energy system. With profound knowledge of our colleagues, you will research, prepare and finalize outstanding concepts for a leading TSO in Europe.
- Profound research of new technologies and drivers on the energy system such as e-mobility, sector coupling, offshore grid, artificial intelligence, decentralization etc.,
- Track electricity market developments with a view to take them into account in our studies (e.g. identification of disruptive scenarios, quantification of energy data),
- Assess the impact of European climate neutrality and an updated market design,
- Finalizing reports and drafting outstanding slides as preparation for workshops / meetings,
- Modelling and simulation of European energy markets and power flows,
- Design new concepts for investment and sector coupling modelling,
- Get in touch with the most recent developments in system operation and prediction,
- Co-shape concepts for a volatile and decentralized power system and play your part on the decarbonisation pathway,
- Develop innovative and smart tools based on advanced analytics to grasp the digitization opportunities for system operation.
- Pursue your master's degree in engineering or economics or policies with a focus on energy systems or economics, mathematics or a comparable subject with commitment,
- Passion for energy transition (power systems and/or energy markets),
- Creative, innovative, proactive and result driven; analytical and abstract reasoning,
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Very good English skills required,
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German.
Knowledge of Phyton, R and Matlab make your application particularly interesting for us and knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
- Challenging and exciting tasks in an inspiring and professional company,
- Close cooperation with a team of motivated experts,
- Modern work environment and fair remuneration for students,
- Chance to build your network in the energy sector and the Elia Group,
- Location Berlin (Mitte), limited travel may be required.
We are looking forward to your complete application including your earliest date of entry. Please apply by 01.03.2020 using our online application form.
Do you have any questions about the tasks? Oskar Grabarczyk will be happy to answer them: email@example.com. Please refer to the job ID 1494 in your mail.
Elia Group gives people with disabilities a Chance.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH
System of the Future / System Operations, Oskar Grabarczyk, mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org