Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
Business Architect in the context of energy system transformation (f/m/d)
Place of work: Neuenhagen (near Berlin)
Permanent Contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Published: 17.03.2020 | Job ID: 1592 | Please apply by: 07.06.2020
50Hertz Transmission GmbH, Neuenhagen (near Berlin)
50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators in Germany. We transport electricity at the highest voltage level. The company's round about thousand employees are creating something that until recently many people thought was impossible: Promote energy system transformation at high speed while maintaining security of supply. Our Transmission Control Center controls the electricity transport in the 50Hertz grid.
For this purpose technical systems and data structures are in use that have to be adapted to new requirements and further developed according to the current framework conditions. In this context, we are offering you the above-mentioned permanent position at our site Neuenhagen (near Berlin) as soon as possible.
Design and develop the business architecture for processes applied in the Transmission Control Center.
With analytical strength and solution-oriented thinking, you translate business needs into real requirements:
- Design and further development of the business architecture (functional units, functional processes, functional information and their links) within system operations,
- Analysis of future business and process challenges to IT and development of new goals
- Creation of the functional / process-related design and implementation of the new system landscape in system operations,
- Design and further development of the necessary description models (e.g. business domain model or business capability map including the persons involved, resources and controls) for better plannable projects,
- Documentation and analysis of the need for change in business architecture and development of migration strategies and plans,
- Participation in the design of business processes in system operations, along the end-to-end processes including challenges of effectiveness and efficiency,
- Development and preparation of important technical framework conditions or requirements for application development (e.g. collaboration models and specifications) or application selection and operation,
- Promote and execute proof of concepts and best practices.
In addition to your specialist knowledge, your committed communication and team competence will help you. It is not only knowledge and experience that makes your success, but the way you manage decision making processes und implement new ideas in the organization.
Your competence profile
- Profound knowledge in the energy industry context, preferably in processes of system operations,
- Experience in complex transformation and integration projects and in dealing with business and IT stakeholders,
- Proven experience with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and notations,
- Proven experience with the implementation of proof of concepts, MVPs or cooperation with research institutes, universities etc,
- Basic knowledge of IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL or COBIT),
- Proven experience and extensive knowledge in the recording and analysis of technical requirements and their implementation (e.g. requirements engineering, UI/UX engineering)
- Good experience in analysis, design and modeling of large systems based on interacting business processes and business capabilities,
- Very good written and spoken German and English language skills (B2).
What this place offers you
- Become part of the energy turnaround and face this meaningful challenge,
- Design new processes and systems and break new ground,
- You can expect a comprehensive induction period and individual training opportunities,
- A modern working environment in the city centre (directly at the main station),
- 30 days holiday,
- A company restaurant ,
- Free beverages (coffee, cocoa, tea, water),
- A company Kindergarten and a parent & child office for short-term care bottlenecks,
- Company pension scheme,
- An award-winning employer: "The best employers for women" - grade: very good (Brigitte, 2019); "Germany's best jobs with future prospects" (Focus, 2019); "Germany's Best Employer - High Attractiveness" (Die Welt, 2019); "Germany's Best Apprenticeship 2019" (Capital, 2019),
- … for more details visit our career Website.
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
We have adapted our recruiting process according to the current situation (Corona pandemic) and we are conducting all upcoming job interviews in the form of telephone and video interviews.
We are therefore looking forward to your application in English (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please apply until 07.06.2020 exclusively via our application form here.
Would you like to know more? For example, what is it like to work in our team?
Or do you have technical questions about the job? Then write to Dr. Björn Möller, Head of Digital Transformation: Bjoern.Moeller@50hertz.com (this way you can reach him easier than on the phone). Please refer to job ID 1592 in the e-mail subject.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz representation for severely disabled persons will be happy to advise you in a confidential manner. You can reach them by e-mail: email@example.com.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – part of the European Elia Group
Human Resources, Nadine Koban, phone: +49 30 5150 2064