Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
IT Innovation Services Manager (process and technology services) (f/m/d)
Place of work: Berlin (main station)
Permanent Contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Published: 29.06.2020 | Job ID: 1653 | Please apply by: 26.07.2020
Elia Group, Berlin
The Elia Group encompasses two major transmission system operators in two European regions: Elia Transmission in Belgium and 50Hertz Transmission, one of the four German TSOs in northeast Germany. Both TSOs operate at the heart of the European electricity system as they provide vital links between the various electricity producers and their 30 million end users. Digitalization breaks down our boundaries: the Transmission System Operator (TSO) of the future will rely on a fully operated digital system where borders will fade away both between different business units as well as between different links in the energy value chain. To enable the growth of key initiatives, we are assessing and introducing new digital technologies such as: blockchain, AR/VR, drones, robots, 3D printing.
For the Elia Group, the digital transformation is a strategic choice to ensure the management of the electricity system of the future and this is why we offer you the above mentioned position at our Headquarters in Berlin (main station).
Identify the innovative service needs and steer and realize objectives for the assigned activities, in order to support the ideation, prototyping, testing and learning of innovative solutions.
You will be in charge of:
- Innovation idea accelerator: In line with Innovation strategy, set-up and steer a lab incubating disruptive business ideas coming from intrapreneurs across the Group, in order to host a place for bottom-up digital innovation,
- Technology speedboat strategist: Identify relevant transversal technologies and structure a strategy to develop competences, develop supporting use cases and plan a roll-out/transfer to Digital/IT department,
- Innovation as a service development: In the context of the support of the innovation idea accelerator and the overall strategy of decentralization of innovation: provide expertise, facilities, tools and methodologies to innovation speedboat users, in order to provide an optimal environment for the incubation and development of business ideas,
- Manage Innovation stage-gates: Support innovation projects and accompany the different innovation stage-gates (ideation, prototyping, testing, scaling) for innovative solutions, in order to maximize ROI on business ideas entering the Lab,
- Stakeholder management: Establish and maintain relationships with key business and technology stakeholders, Lab sponsors, external partners & vendors, in order to embed the Business Incubator in a supportive professional environment, both within and outside Elia Group boundaries,
- Project management: Within the Elia Project portfolio, manage a selection of strategic and/or transversal projects, to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, according to set quality standards & methodologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Master in IT, engineering or business,
- Several years of experience, sound project management experience with proven success,
- Successful experience in operating an incubator or accelerator (internally or for start-ups) + experience in open innovation,
- Excellent presentation, communication and synthesis skills,
- Business fluent German and English spoken and written (both C1). Additional languages are an advantage (French, Dutch),
- Innovative technology background (IoT, Artifical Intelligence, Blockchain, virtual reality, etc.),
- Innovative, agile, pragmatic and result-oriented.
- You will spend a few days per month abroad to work out projects in collaboration with international partners and companies of the Group.
If you find these characteristics in yourself and if you have entrepreneurial experience in either a start-up or a larger company, or if you are at least an entrepreneur at heart, you might be our future Innovation Services Manager.
- Work in a company that contributes to make the energy transition happen,
- A multicultural environment,
- Individual training opportunities,
- A modern working environment in the city centre (directly at the main station),
- 30 days holiday,
- A company restaurant with fresh prepared meals,
- Free beverages (coffee, cocoa, tea, water),
- A company Kindergarten and a parent & child office for short-term care bottlenecks,
- Company pension scheme,
- An award-winning employer: "The best employers for women" - grade: very good (Brigitte, 2019); “Best career opportunities for women” (Focus Money, 2020); "Germany's best jobs with future prospects" (Focus, 2019); "Germany's Best Employer - High Attractiveness" (Die Welt, 2019); "Germany's Best Apprenticeship 2019" (Capital, 2019); “Germany’s best apprenticeship companies” (Focus Money, 2020),
- … for more details visit our career Website.
Flexi Compass - see how flexible this vacancy is
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
We have adapted our recruiting process according to the current situation (Corona pandemic) and we are conducting any upcoming job interviews in the form of telephone and video interviews if needed.
We are therefore looking forward to your application in English (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please send your application by 26.07.2020 using our online application form.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz representation for employees with disabilities (Schwerbehindertenvertretung) will be happy to advise you in a confidential manner. You can reach them by e-mail: email@example.com.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – part of the European Elia Group
Human Resources, Kati Jaich, phone: +49305150 2806